Friday 31 October 2008

Blessed Be, It's Samhain

No serious post today, just like Buffy used to say no paranormal entity would be seen out on Halloween... it's so uncool!

As someone who only gave up their pagan faith a couple of years ago, I still feel Samhain is a special day. I hope you find it peaceful and relaxing. Don't worry I'm over that fad...

On my other blogs it's sort of a Samhain tradition to show the Hocus Pocus clip of Bette Midler singing "I Put A Spell On You" but I thought I'd subvert that tradition for you, My Dear Constant Reader, and instead place a rather enchanting long version of another song from that movie... "Come Little Children"



Tonight is the night to grab a cheesy horror movie, curl up with someone you love (pets do fine) and scare/laugh yourself silly. I recommend Killer Klowns From Outer Space



Of course they aren't half as scary as Pennywise...



Or, if you're feeling brave, you could spent the night with Jason, Freddy... or Michael...



But don't watch anything after Halloween II (other than Halloween H20) or else you will suffer a face worse than death... you'll have to live with the memories of those terrible movies for the rest of you life. Trust me. I've watched Halloween 6. I know the pain...

Further Reading

It by Stephen King - I have a policy of reading this book once a year. It's like a cross between a really heartwarming tale of a perfect children's summer mixed with the truly horrific events of a bloody serial killer rampage with an added touch of alien mischief. It's the scariest book I've ever read. If you have not read it, I demand you get off the internet this instant and get a copy. You will not regret doing it.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Ah yes, Killer Klowns from Outer Space. One of those movies I forget about, but then go, "Dude I remember that movie! It rocks!" then always say I'll buy the dvd.

And I've never watched "IT" again because of that scene.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Buffy. It's my dirty little secret. My husband got me the whole box set last year.